Should I use Tiktok for my medspa? This is one question a lot of medspa owners ask whenever they hear how the new social media platform is taking the world by storm. It’s easy to get swept away by new trends and some businesses have spent hundreds if not thousands on Tiktok only to fall flat.
But to answer the question. Yes, your medspa should definitely use Tiktok. However, it’s not as easy as signing up, putting up videos, and praying people will walk through the door. Let’s talk about Tiktok and how you can use the popular platform for your medspa.
What Is TikTok?
In a nutshell, TikTok is a social media platform where users can create and share video clips. Most of the video clips are short and are set to music. Video length range anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute. As of today, TikTok has been downloaded at least 3 billion times across all types of mobile devices.
With this said, TikTok is undeniably one of the most popular platform today. Let's talk about number.
TikTok has over 1 billion users on a monthly basis. This may seem small compare to Facebook's 2.9 billion users but majority of TikTok's users are more engaged.
In the US, there are over 138 million active users. Of this number, 32.5% are from age 10-19, 29.5% are 20-29, 16.4% are 30-39, 13.9% are aged 40-49, and around 7.1% are 50+.
Is TikTok A Good Source of New Clients For Your Medspa?
When you try to look at the age spread mentioned above, you may see that around 60% are 30 and below. For a medspa owner, these are not exactly your target market.
This is the reason why a lot of medspas think TikTok is not for them. They just don't think their ideal customer is in the platform.
However, you'd want to take a second look. Even though the people aged 31 and above only makeup 30% of the people on TikTok, it's much easier to reach them thanks to TikTok’s algorithm.
See, TikTok likes to feed people videos that they are more likely to engage with. For example, if TikTok's algorithm sees that you like, comment, or share videos related to food then the AI will show you more food videos.
This is the same for medspa-related videos. If certain people like watching medspa-related procedures or videos from medical spas then they will be shown more videos of similar nature.
So what does that mean? Well, it just means that your videos will more or less be shown to people who are interested in your services or business in general. While this looks pretty obvious when you think about it, it actually helps in making sure that your content gets consumed by people who are more likely to become your customers.
Sounds great, right? Does this mean you should go and start posting videos right away? After all, they will get shown to the right people. Well, yes and no.
If you just want your medspa to have a presence in TikTok then you can go post your rendition of what’s popular on TikTok today.
However, if you aim to get new clients, you need to be smart about the type of videos you post on the platform. Let’s talk about that next.
What Videos Should My Medspa Post on Tiktok?
The secret to Tiktok domination is to find the right type of content that gets you the most views and engagement. One thing to note is that different industries/niches will have different types of videos that will work for them. For medical spas, we’ve tried to narrow down the type of videos you should be posting on Tiktok.
- Procedure videos - One easy type of video you can post on your Medspa Tiktok account are procedure videos. These videos who how certain procedures are done. You can speed up the video to show the whole procedure or stitch together short clips. These procedure or how-to videos are easily digestible and they usually keep the viewers glued to their screens - making them engaged. It’s one of the easiest ways to build an audience on Tiktok.
- Before and after videos - Everybody wants to see results, right? So why not show them? A lot of medspa procedures focus on a person’s beauty and physical qualities. As such, a before and after video is a good way to showcase the results of the procedures. It also pulls in people who are considering to undergo a procedure but is not sure what the results will be.
- Tips and solutions - While Tiktok should be the last place for people to ask about any medical or dermatological condition or procedure, this doesn’t mean making videos answering people’s questions does not have a place on the platform. In fact, one of the most shared types of videos are those that answer questions or provide tips to viewers. A weekly video on “Home Skin Care” or answering common myths about medspa procedures will not only make you viral but also give you authority in the platform.
- Behind-the-scenes - BTS (behind-the-scene) are not usually recommended by a lot of marketers as they don’t drive traffic to your site directly. However, uploaded BTS videos humanize your account. It makes your followers and other people feel like there really are real people behind the brand. Uploading a video of a walk through your clinic, maybe a short video on the tools you use for certain procedures, or a maybe having your staff do a little dance for Tiktok can make people feel like they can actually connect with you.
- Promotions - The last one in the list will be promotions. It’s last because you shouldn’t promote heavily on Tiktok as it can easily become a reason why people will stay far away from your brand. One promotional content per week should be good enough. Also, you have to make sure to change your promotion from time to time as it is quite easy for people get fatigued with the same content over and over.
Work With The Right Medical Spa Marketing Company for Tiktok
Should your medspa use Tiktok? Definitely. We also believe that in order for you to succeed in Tiktok, you should partner with the right medical spa marketing agency. One that has the know-how and experience in growing social media presence for medical spas.
MedSpaMarketing.com is the number one name in helping medical spas dominate the competition online. With MedSpaMarketing, you will be able to get ahead not only on the SERPs but also on various social media platforms like Tiktok.
Contact us today and let our team of Tiktok experts guide you and your team on what you need to do to become #1 on the platform for medspas.